So this Thanksgiving we decided to take a whirl-wind tour of Texas! and boy oh boy did we. To start our first night of travel, we left on Nov 24 (tuesday) after work and drove to Dallas. We didn't arrive there until about 3 in the morning. It was quite the haul. We stayed at Angie's (Nolan's sister) boyfriend's house. He had a really nice house in Addison and 2 English Bulldogs. The female one.. I can't recall her name, bit me upon arrival. It was a pleasant stay in the most comfy bed ever!!! Wednesday we got up kind of early for having a late night and finished the journey to Corpus Christi. I'd never been to Corpus before. It was fun for Nolan to show me where he used to work, where he grew up and hangout and the school. I got to see his parent's old antique shop and the bay was beautiful! Man Corpus is way prettier than Galveston! There was the USS Lexington resting there in the bay. It was really pretty to see at night. Nolan told me that when it first came to Corpus he was doing alot of singing back then in theaters and he actually to perform on that ship a few times. He seemed very proud and I thought it was pretty cool. We weren't much for fun that night because of the traveling but we tried. We had a few beers at Uncle Mark's house while the boys played poker. And then we drove to Grandma's to stay the night. Got up early and had to break the news that I don't eat gravy after she made biscuits and gravy for breakfast. They weren't too disappointed in me ;) and then we went back to Uncle Mark's for Thanksgiving dinner! This man had quite the spread... he had 3 turkeys!! 2 deep fried and 1 baked. There were about 10 different kinds of pie!!! I went on a pie binge and told Grandma I was going to have one of every kind... I only made it to 4 before I felt like I was going to die. That night we hung out at his cousin Erica's mom's house and had some drinks and fun in the garage. and then Friday we got up and drove to Yoli's place (his momma) in Carlos, Tx. We had friends out for a bbq and bonfire night. It was very relaxing and SO good to see Tommy, Jackie & Amy!!! Saturday we drove back to Dallas and spent time with Yoli, Angie and the rest of the Dallas gang... sunday back to Missouri.
It was such a great trip and I was so glad to meet more of the Lawrence family!!! It's so nice to put faces with names and to feel so welcomed. Everyone was sweet and Grandma even sent us home with Christmas presents to put under our tree. We haven't even sneaked a peek at them...we've been good little boys and girls ;)
my next blog will have to be about what we came home too :)
hopefully i can write that one this afternoon or monday. hope yall had a great Thanksgiving! only 14 more days till Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
I'm glad you had such a great trip!
Post a Comment